A Business Analyst is a person who acts as a liaison between business people who have a business problem and technology people who know how to create automated solutions.
A Great Business Analyst:
- must be flexible, customer-focused and outstanding communicator
- must be skilled at organizing and managing large amounts of information in various forms
- must understand the SDLC and other software development methodologies
- must like very detailed research and analysis
- must possess a toolkit of techniques to elicit and gather requirements